Saturday, October 6, 2018

Life Update

It's a rainy, cloudy day today here is North Idaho. And thanks to our newest member of the family (an at-home espresso machine) I have all the hot chocolate and lattes I need to get through the gloomy season now upon us. The past few months have been full of traveling! Husband had a work conference in Fort Lauderdale, FL in September, so the three of us flew down to spend the week by tropical Dania Beach. While he was away from 8-5 Mon-Thurs, baby and I swam in the pool, watched some movies, tanned a little, did yoga and read books! I got to meet some other moms/wives of Chief Mates and Captains, and we all endured the 90 degree weather and 80% humidity together.

Baby did extremely well on her first flights to FL (with a layover in Dallas-Ft Worth). Only the descent seemed to bother her, but she stayed on her schedule very well, taking naps and eating well during the flights. She is a pretty content child, though, and I suspect God blessed me with an easygoing baby on the first go-around. She is teething and while we were in Florida she popped her first tooth! She had another one start to poke out, but I think it retracted because I don't feel more teeth. The weekend following the conference we drove to Miami (which is only 30 minutes away from Ft. Lauderdale) and stayed at a fancy hotel that had direct access to the beach. It was my first time actually swimming in the Atlantic and it was amazing! I've always loved anything having to do with the Ocean (whether East coast or West coast). The sea mesmerizes me, reminds me of the Eternal One, and calls to my soul (as I'm sure it does for most people). I'm happy to have married a sailor! I could have swam in that warm, salty water for hours! Adeline gets up around 7 most days, so we got up with her and watched the sunrise over the horizon! The sun rises above the sea level much quicker than you think it does, quickly becoming very bright and warm.

After we got back from FL (both flights were delayed by a couple hours) we had four days to prepare for having family staying with us! My in-laws and my mom and sister come up and spent the weekend with us... only let's be honest, they just came to see the baby... It was so fun to have everyone here. My in-laws made dinner a couple times for everyone ( and those nights ended up being 8 people when my two brothers were over), they let Husband and I go on date nights and it was so nice to have time for just us! I love having a full house, and makes me look forward to doing it again for Thanksgiving! It will especially nice since Husband will likely miss all the holidays.

So that's the little update for all my avid readers! Hehe :)
Hanging out in the hotel lobby!

Our view from the hotel room!

Family photo while watching the sunrise.

Cutie girl!

Another sunrise.... in love.

Adeline loved the ocean! She got doused a couple times and was unfazed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Mothers

 Below is a piece written by a guest about motherhood and the differences it can take in women embodied or not with love for her child. As a...